Your donation (tax-deductible in the US) to the Elephant Action League funds important information gathering activities, deep-cover field investigations of the key players, and modus operandi of international criminal networks engaged in wildlife crime such as poaching and the trafficking ivory and rhino horn, wild animals, and illegal timber.
We use the intelligence and information we gather to:
- expose the players involved and the security gaps they exploit to traffic wildlife and forest products around the globe;
- facilitate the arrest and prosecution of perpetrators, including poachers, traffickers, businessmen, and corrupt government officials;
- share information with law enforcement entities to complement investigations and work collaboratively to address wildlife crime ;
- strengthen wildlife crime prevention efforts and help our allies develop more effective strategies for protecting wildlife;
- raise global awareness about the human toll of wildlife crime and how it funds dangerous militias, destroys local economies, undermines human rights and costs human lives;
- publish public and confidential reports.